Friday, September 18, 2009

School Programs and Soccer!

Laur'l did great at her Constitution program where she had a part and sang songs.

Laur'l LOVES soccer. We are still working on some of the concepts. She kept wanting to visit with the referee instead of play the game when she is on the field; and with some encouragement from "Auntie", running to get the ball to score a goal. The picture above is Laur'l walking and talking with her coach.


She had a scrimmage before her first game. I didn't know they used her ball for the scrimmage. So when she cried because no one was giving her the ball I thought she wasn't understanding the game. I got her happy again and she did alright from there. It wasn't until we were getting in the car to come home that I reallized what was going on. Laur'l said: "I finally got my ball back." I just laughed. She thought because it was "her" ball she should get it back whenever she wanted. She didn't understand what letting them use it for the game ment.
This was a pretty busy week for me. I am entering the season of parenting filled with sports, school functions, and everything else. We had a great weekend. Mom and Dad Flake came down and we had a yard work day. We trimmed all of the trees and cut down the tall grass. Bugga help with the tall grass around the AC unit. We were very grateful for the help. Next week is the primary program and the week after that is conference. There is a get together at the stake center for the General Relief Society Broadcast next Saturday that I am looking forward to. Cory is busy studying for the CPA. Adelle is being two. She defintely has "mine" down. Hope everyone is doing well.






1 comment:

Sherri said...

So glad to read your blog - I got behind in checking it. I love the soccer pics and story. ;-) So glad for the times together we share and then pictures and blogs to share, too.